9/11-kommisjonens rapport om al Qaida og narkohandel: Godt dokumentert forvirrende
mars 24, 2008 Legg igjen en kommentar
KEAN-KOMMISJONEN om al Qaida, bin Laden og narkohandel:
While the drug trade was a source of income for the Taliban, it did not serve the same purpose for al Qaeda, and there is no reliable evidence that Bin Laden was involved in or made his money through drug trafficking. (s. 171)
4. oktober 2001 offentliggjorde 10 Downingstreet «The Powell/Blair White Paper» (som legitimerte invasjonen av Afghanistan, men som ikke «purport to provide a prosecutable case against Usama Bin Laden in a court of law.») hvor følgende kan leses:
- «Usama Bin Laden and Al Qaida have been based in Afghanistan since 1996, but have a network of operations throughout the world. The network includes training camps, warehouses, communication facilities and commercial operations able to raise significant sums of money to support its activity. That activity includes substantial exploitation of the illegal drugs trade from Afghanistan.
- Usama Bin Laden’s Al Qaida and the Taleban régime have a close and mutually dependent alliance. Usama Bin Laden and Al Qaida provide the Taleban régime with material, financial and military support. They jointly exploit the drugs trade. The Taleban régime allows Bin Laden to operate his terrorist training camps and activities from Afghanistan, protects him from attacks from outside, and protects the drugs stockpiles. …» (Uthevelse tilføyet)
Powell/Blair-dossieret utgjør altså «no reliable evidence» ifølge Kean-kommisjonen.
Noen som ser et problem her?
Mer «upålitelig bevis»:
US ‘seizes al-Qaeda drugs ship’ (BBC)
A boat containing drugs possibly linked to al-Qaeda has been seized in the Gulf, the US military says.
Twelve people on board were detained after it was found to be carrying almost two tons of hashish valued at up to $10m, a Centcom statement said.
There were «clear ties» between the shipment and al-Qaeda, it added.
- Afghan/Pakistani Drug Connections
- CIA Director George Tenet tells a Senate committee in open session that (…) “There is ample evidence that Islamic extremists such as Osama bin Laden use profits from the drug trade to support their terror campaign.” (Uthevelse tilføyet)
Om kildene over holder vann, er det forunderlig at 9/11-kommisjonen flagrant omgår bevis for koblingen mellom bin Laden og narkohandel.
Om de ikke holder vann, har vi behov for en annen debatt – som vi må ta uansett.
Man trenger ikke være konspirasjonsteoretiker for å mene det.
En informativ artikkel av Peter Dale Scott:
Al-Qaeda, the Taliban, the Northern Alliance, and drug-trafficking